[Samba] Samba 3.2.4 - Problem with Security ADS

Elder Souza eldersouza at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 19:02:36 GMT 2008

Hi people...

I´m trying to use samba 3.2.4 on CentOS 5.2, but the winbindd process dont
go to memory when I run it with -D option. I saw that *security=ads *in
smb.conf is the problem. When I cutt off "security=ads" from smb.conf, then
winbindd goes to memory but i cant access the SQUID+Samba+ADS.

Is it a bug?

Sorry my english!!!

#########################
# SMB.CONF
#########################
[global]
   workgroup = DOMAIN_NAME
   server string = SQUID PROXY SERVER
   netbios name = nebiosname
   realm = DOMAIN_NAME.NET

   log file = /var/log/samba/smbd.log
   max log size = 50

   client ntlmv2 auth = yes
   ntlm auth = no

   security = ads
   password server = domain_controler_IP

   encrypt passwords = yes
;  smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd

   local master = no
   domain master = no
   preferred master = no

; name resolve order = wins lmhosts bcast

   dns proxy = no

   idmap uid = 16777216-33554431
   idmap gid = 16777216-33554431
   template shell = /bin/false