[Samba] SAMBA: how do I tell SAMBA to not prompt for id/passwords when connecting from windows (vista)

Dennis B. Hopp dhopp at coreps.com
Fri Oct 24 18:09:24 GMT 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-24 at 14:04 -0400, joseph collins wrote:
> Hi - no security is set at all. No shares configured - took all the
> defaults
>
> Any suggestions?

Please "reply all" when you reply so it goes to the list as well as me.

I'm confused as to what you are trying to accomplish then.  I'm assuming
you are trying to get access to the data on your Linux box correct?

Can you give us more details as to what you want to accomplish.  Also,
pasting the relevant parts of smb.conf would be helpful.

--Dennis