[Samba] Samba and Domain trusts

Zurin Malik mailers at oranged.to
Fri Oct 24 11:38:49 GMT 2008

Hello,

We currently have two forests which have an inter-forest trust within a
purely microsoft environment. All of our users are stored in the
upstream forest and our customer users are stored in the trust like so

US <- <Customers> <- Systems requiring authentication

I am trying to make linux servers that are in the customers domain
understand the concept of a domain trust. Unfortunately we have been
unable to authenticate users using pam_ldap so was wondering if there is
anything in the samba project which would facilitate this type of
behaviour? Windows devices then authenticate to the customers domain
work fine but anything using pure ldap fails. Does anyone have any advice?

Regards Zurin.