[Samba] Logon Script Via Group

Jeff L jeff80 at linuxmail.org
Mon Oct 20 15:23:20 GMT 2008

Hello,

In order to use Samba and migrate our Windows domain we need to be able to map users to a drive based on the Unix groups they are a member of.

IE:

If user is a member of finance, map drive f:\ finance
If user is a a member of domainusers, run logon script logon.bat

I tried placing differnet logon scripts in a directory named after the groupname and using the %g variable in Samba but it did not work.
It only looks up the FIRST group ignoring the rest.

Please let us know a easy way to do this.

Thanks

=
New York Film Academy
Study Abroad Filmmaking & Acting. London, Paris, Florence, USA.
http://a8-asy.a8ww.net/a8-ads/adftrclick?redirectid=160d32aa7f559fb3e9e7cf46485a3294