[Samba] Login Linux vs WinXP

Super Ste superste1 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 13:24:34 GMT 2008

Hello

as a master thesis I try to write a small server for a university os called
a2. As test clients i have a winxp and an ubuntu 8.04. i monitor the traffic
with wireshark. when trying with winxp, after the session setup andx / tree
connect andx windows doesn't send other requests while using ubuntu it goes
on with trans2 request. on my server i use plaintext passwords and NO
extended security. therefore i do NOT send a security blob. the dialect i
follow is nt lm 0.12. Windows tells me i do not have the permission to
login. What is wrong? maybe can i send a dump?

thanks
ste