[Samba] Profile loading/saving on gigabit network only runs at fast ethernet speeds! Help!

Jonathan Bougher jonathanbougher at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 18:13:10 GMT 2008

The VM is being saved to the Desktop, within a folder (or multiple folders
if the user puts it there)

If I redirect My Docs, and the VM files are there - Then won't VMware run
much more slowly trying to access this stuff across the network when the
user wants to run the VM? Profile loading/saving would speed up, but overall
performance would be impacted negatively I think

Thanks for the reply, I will look into it further - do you have any
thoughts about what I stated above?