[Samba] make test fails on Solaris 10 for 3.2.4

John Center john.center at villanova.edu
Mon Oct 6 13:51:54 GMT 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to check the result of my build of 3.2.4 on Solaris 10, but
smbd dies shortly after starting:

Running Test suite
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/ws/dists/samba-3.2.4/source/bin
CREATE TEST ENVIRONMENT IN './st'...DONE
STARTING NMBD...DONE
STARTING WINBINDD...DONE
STARTING SMBD...DONE
delaying for nbt name registration
smbd failed with status 1!

I looked at the smbd_test.log & I see:

smbd version 3.2.4 started.
Copyright Andrew Tridgell and the Samba Team 1992-2008
standard input is not a socket, assuming -D option
gdb_backtrace: ERROR: No debugger found.
smbd failed with status 1!

Now, I can't tell if smbd is dying because gdb can't be found, or smbd
has died & the test script then tries to run gdb to determine why it
died & can't find it.  If I install samba & load smbd by hand, it starts
up without a problem.  I haven't found anyone else reporting & a fix, so
I'm hoping someone here could help me.

Thanks.

	-John

--