[Samba] Cannot get shares to show up

Jesse Stone jstone1999 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 22:50:12 GMT 2008

I apologize if this is a really silly question but I've been messing with
this for awhile now and cannot see any typos that would prevent these shares
from showing up.

I'm trying two things I've never done before so I want to make sure to point
them out:

1)  I am using groups in the "valid users" section
2)  I am using preexec and postexec on each share

Example:

[Media]
comment = Media(Non-kid)!
path = /mnt/media1
read only = yes
browsable = no
valid users = @mediausers
preexec = /bin/mount /mnt/media1
postexec = /bin/umount /mnt/media1

I've done nothing with the /mnt/media1 folder so I expect my next issue will
be permissiones related but I would expect the shares to at least show up
for all users within the @mediausers group.

I'm using preexec ect from the cd-rom example contained within the default
smb.conf file.

-Jesse