[Samba] Vista Joining Samba Domain 3.0.24-6etch10

James james at nttmcl.com
Thu Oct 2 21:37:23 GMT 2008

I think i might've found the problem but don't know how to fix it?

Vista uses DNS to find PDC domain name while XP uses WINS

is there anyway to allow vista to find a PDC domain name without having
a valid DNS record for it or to find it using WINS?
or maybe i'm mistaken altogether

Help is much appreciated,
James