[Samba] Question about blank date modified/created/accessed display in wi ndows explorer

William.Saxon at sage.com William.Saxon at sage.com
Wed Nov 19 21:16:12 GMT 2008

I am using Samba 3.0.32 on HP-UX 11.11, compiled with gcc 3.3.6.

When I browse to any share using Windows Explorer (XP SP3), any time/date
field I try to display is blank. If I right click on a file or directory and
choose properties, created and modified timestamps are blank and the
accessed timestamp, while populated, is wrong. If I use smbclient to connect
to the same share, the dates shown are wrong.

If I create a file or directory, the timestamp on the file or directory is
created correctly on the HP-UX machine.

Is there a setting somewhere that may control the timestamp
resolution/display? It looks like the timestamps may be abnormal or out of
range or something.

Thanks,

-Will

--