[Samba] Direction Required

troot john at brando.ie
Mon Nov 17 12:14:29 GMT 2008

Hi,

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't find where I should start.

I have a lan with about 10 computers involved in web development. The main
domain that is setup is using Windows Small Business Server (with IIS for
testing sites). I would like to use Debian as a linux testing server.

Rather than access this via ftp (which is awkward), I would like to
integrate with the windows network via samba. I have a security group on the
Small Business Server called "Production". This is a list of people involved
in production (...) and thus access to web files. Is it possible to setup
Debian (or any distro) to check if users are part of the Production security
group and then access the files on the Debian box accordingly.

Sorry if this is long-winded, I just want to be as clear as possible on what
I want to do. The question is, can someone point me in the direction of how
to acheive this goal?

Cheers
Troot