[Samba] Vista - Profile - Local

lmhelp lmbox at wanadoo.fr
Fri Nov 14 12:44:03 GMT 2008

Hi laco, hi Charles, hi others,

Thank you for your contributions.

> Charles
If I do not quote properly, please tell me how to do it nicely.
Like that maybe?
	> Charles -> blabla
	> laco -> babla
	> Alex -> blabla
It is true that it is important to communicate properly with each other :-)

> laco
I am working on the solution (steps 1.) to 11.)) that you proposed.
I did steps 1.) to 11.)

I changed all the key values in both:
- A\"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders"
- A\"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders"

For example:
I changed:
- the "Personal" key value
- in A\"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell
Folders"
- from "C:\Users\A\Documents" (A = lmhelp.DOMAINNAME here)
- to "C:\Users\C\Documents"   (C = lmhelp here).

When I log in as A (A = DOMAINNAME\lmhelp here)
I do not find C's profile (for example, C's desktop background image,
C's folders display settings, etc.) (C = HOSTNAME\lmhelp here).

(So, remember that I am logged as C.)
When I go to: HKEY_USERS -> S-1-5-21... (corresponding to C logged)
"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders"
and "Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders"
I can see that the modifications I did have been well taken into account.

Did I do something wrong?

> laco -> It is indeed unclear whether you are a) a sysadmin trying to
> learn something, or; b) a user who is trying to get around a sysadmin.

Dear laco, we are not all working in big companies with a lot of persons
working on certain precise aspects of the company, with division of labor.
Maybe we are in category "c) Other undefined"!
But we all have to make things work in the way we want. :-)

Thanks for the precious help you are giving to me, little living being.
Regards,
--
Lmhelp