[Samba] Bizarre - How did windows user setfacl for a file??

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Wed Nov 12 16:00:16 GMT 2008

> Listmates,
>
> In 8 years, since 2.02 (I think), I have never seen this ...

You never know, this may be a desired feature.

The question is, why is this a bad thing? I am not much of a Windows user
and thus I really have to wonder why the ACL's create an issue.  This is
just a question from me to get some insight into the implications of ACL's
delivered to the world via Samba.  Also, you did not tell us if the
underlying fs was ext3fs or ufs or zfs or what.

Dennis