[Samba] samba log file

Nelson Serafica ntserafica at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 03:36:17 GMT 2008

Is there a way to monitor the uploading/downloading activity in samba. I
want to know who is uploading the file or downloading the file.

Also, is there a tool who has successfully access the samba?

I tried to enable log in smb.conf and enable logging

When I transfer a file, it shows

[2008/11/04 16:53:42, 1] smbd/service.c:make_connection_snum(1033)
  packets (10.0.1.108) connect to service billing initially as user billing
(uid=500, gid=500) (pid 1669)

When I download a file, it shows nothing

The entry in smb.conf is log file = /var/log/samba/smbd.log

--
Nelson Serafica

http://nelsontux.blogspot.com