[Samba] Debian packages for CVE-2008-1105

Nick Boyce nick.boyce at gmail.com
Thu May 29 13:26:12 GMT 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 6:34 AM, Christian Perrier <bubulle at debian.org> wrote:
> Quoting Gerald (Jerry) Carter (jerry at samba.org):
>> ==
>> == Subject:     Boundary failure when parsing SMB responses
>> ==              can result in a buffer overrun
>> ==
>> == CVE ID#:     CVE-2008-1105
[...]
> I've already prepared packages for 3.0.30, which will be uploaded to
> Debian unstable ASAP.
[...]
> Packages for Debian etch (which includes 3.0.24) have been built
> without problems.

[applause] my sincere thanks to the Debian packagers for this effort
in such a short time window [/applause]

Just wondering - given all the improvements (particularly Vista
compatibility) made since 3.0.24 - does anyone know of a backport of
anything later than 3.0.24 for Etch on i386 ?

Cheers
Nick Boyce
--
Leave the Olympics in Greece where they belong