[Samba] adding users to group with net rpc

Leandro Tracchia ltracchia at gmail.com
Mon May 19 22:09:45 GMT 2008

> What version of Samba are you running?

     I don't even know how to check that ashamed to say...

> What do you mean by this?  How did you do this?

     well, i gather this because of the following 3 reasons:

     1) the following command shows the correct Windows groups mapped
to their corresponding posix group accounts.

         root# net rpc groupmap list

     2) the Windows Domain Users group is mapped to the posix users
group which is shown with the above command. all my user accounts
belong to the users group.

     3) the following commands shows the correct Windows group (Domain
Users) for each particular user (as i already stated).

         root# net rpc user info billybob

     4) posix user accounts all correspond to their smbpasswd accounts.

> OK.  What is the output of?:

>        pdbedit -Lw root

     i'll answer this tomorrow when i'm back at work

thanks for you help and please bear with me, i'm new at this