[Samba] BDC problem joining domain

Ivan Ordonez iordonez at nature.berkeley.edu
Mon May 12 22:29:02 GMT 2008

We have a PDC running Samba Version 3.0.24 while the BDC is running
Samba Version 3.0.28a.  Both domain controllers are running Gentoo.  The
problem seems to be a compatibility issue between two versions of Samba.
  Please see below the error when I tried joining the BDC.

[2008/05/12 15:15:25, 0] utils/net_rpc_join.c:net_rpc_join_newstyle(310)
   error setting trust account password: NT code 0x1c010002

I believe that upgrading Samba on the PDC to version 3.0.28a will fix
the problem but upgrade is not an option at this time.  Upgrading Samba
3.0.28a will break a lot of its (PDC) functionalities.

I've found similar issue on the web and the fix was to upgrade or
downgrade Samba.  I was wondering that maybe Simo or Gerry Carter can
help me on this.

Thanks!