[Samba] Users groups are not synchronized with Samba

Mon Mar 31 16:12:20 GMT 2008

On 3/7/2008, Raymond Holguin (raymond.holguin at ucr.edu) wrote:
> Unix: I add USER to GroupA
> Windows: as USER I try and access FOLDER I get permission denied!!!!!
> Unix: I restart Samba server
> Windows: as USER I try and access FOLDER I get full access.

Did the User log out then back in? Even in the Windows world, this is
how it works. The Users Permissions are applied at Logon time, so any
change in Group Membership will not show up unless/until the User logs
out and back in.

This may have changed with Server 2008, but I can't say becasue I
haven't had time to test it...

--

Best regards,

Charles