[Samba] Re: Samba 3.0.25b as a domain member to a Samba PDC

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Mon Mar 31 01:27:58 GMT 2008

On Sunday 30 March 2008 12:24:54 pm Greg J. Zartman, P.E. wrote:
> > A user cannot access a Linux machine unless he is authenticated by the
> > machine.
>
> Jamrock,
>
> Many thanks for your very informative response.  The makes complete
> sense really.
>
> Ultimately, I'm sure LDAP is the best solution and one I intend to look
> at in more detail.
>
> A message to the Samba Howto/Docs maintainers:
>
> This would be VERY good topic to include in Chapter 6/7 Samba Docs.
> There is very little information about this topic.
>
> Thanks again jamrock!
>
> Greg

Your contribution to the documentation is most welcome.  Why don't write an
update that can be added or to replace existing content?

You will find that by writing this you will learn a lot more about the subject
and you might then be in a position to help many other people - something I
am sure they will appreciate also.

Cheers,
John T.