[Samba] Problems with Samba(idmap_ad/sfu on AIX

Douglas VanLeuven roamdad at sonic.net
Sun Mar 30 17:39:08 GMT 2008

Heikki Manninen wrote:
> I'm unabe to use idmap_ad and sfu nss info with Samba on AIX. The
> configuration as it is works on a Linux build.
>
>         workgroup = DOMAIN
>         realm = DOMAIN.TLD
>         server string = SERVER
>         security = ADS
>         idmap domains = DOMAIN
>         idmap config DOMAIN:default = yes
>         idmap config DOMAIN:backend = ad
>         idmap config DOMAIN:range = 1000 - 60000
>         idmap config DOMAIN:readonly = yes
>         idmap config DOMAIN:schema_mode = sfu
>
>         winbind enum users = yes
>         winbind enum groups = yes
>         winbind nested groups = yes
>         winbind use default domain = yes
>         winbind nss info = sfu
>         map to guest = bad uid

That all looks good.

> When run with statically built idmap_ad I get this in the log when
> trying to map user info (wbinfo -i):
>
> Error loading module '/opt/pware/samba/3.0.28/lib/nss_info/sfu.so':
> Could not load module /opt/pware/samba/3.0.28/lib/nss_info/sfu.so.

Last I knew, this module can't be statically compiled.

> And when I build a version with shared idmap_ad (and sfu.so ->
> idmap_ad.so), it gets back to this:
>
> lib/module.c:do_smb_load_module(49) Error loading module
> '/usr/local/samba/lib/nss_info/sfu.so': rtld: 0712-001 Symbol
> _talloc_zero_zeronull was referenced from module
> /usr/local/samba/lib/nss_info/sfu.so(), but a runtime definition of the
> symbol was not found.
>
> lib/module.c:do_smb_load_module(49) Error loading module
> '/usr/local/samba/lib/idmap/ad.so': rtld: 0712-001 Symbol
> _talloc_zero_zeronull was referenced from module
> /usr/local/samba/lib/idmap/ad.so(), but a runtime definition of the
> symbol was not found.

Either the linker options need assistance or you need to add some
libraries to the run time library path LIBPATH if my memory serves.  I'm
haven't done AIX for a while.

You might have more success on samba-technical getting a response.

If you post over there, don't forget to include the version of AIX and
which compiler you're using, native or gnu.  Also the version of samba.

Regards, Doug