[Samba] 3.0.28, symlinks, vmware & windows

Jason Gerfen jason.gerfen at scl.utah.edu
Fri Mar 14 14:26:56 GMT 2008

I am still having a problem which I am unsure of in regards to the
following configuration:

Linux Gentoo-x86
Samba 3.0.28
VMware (Windows XP virtual machine)
Symlink to users home directory

I am not sure what information I would need to post for assistance in
resolving this issue but here is a short list of things I have tried
thus far to remedy:

Tested /tmp as share root folder (works)
Symlink for share root folder ie. /tmp/desktop -> /home/username/Desktop
(doesn't work)

Set permissions for /tmp/desktop symlink to 0777 (doesn't work)
Set permissions on /tmp to 0777 (doesn't work)

Any help, pointers etc. is appreciated. Thanks.

--
Jason Gerfen