[Samba] [smb.conf] "browseable = no EXCEPT valid users" possible ?

Frederic Notet fred at 2make2.eu
Wed Mar 12 17:57:32 GMT 2008

Hello,

I'm looking for a solution to my problem :

i have a samba server with ldap auth on Debian ETCH.

I need to configure this samba for multi-group and multi-users.

Example :

user 1 (from group1) have to see his own directory (for writing), his
group' directory (for writing and sharing) but also the "homes" of
others users from this group...

user2 (from group2) don't have to see group1 or "user1'home "... he
only have to access to group2 ' directory and group2' users' directory

user3 (from group1) have to see his own directory, the directory of
group1 and the directory of user1 (but for this one, only for
"dropping" files/folder. he can't see what's inside...)

So i need a "browseable = no EXCEPT valid users", is it possible ?

How Can I setup that ? "man smb.conf" can't help me...

My test :

[homes]
comment = Repertoire Personnel
browseable = no