[Samba] Samba exporting an NFS mount

Thomas Flaig thomas.flaig at unibw.de
Wed Mar 12 07:48:09 GMT 2008

Hello,
Am Dienstag, 11. März 2008 20:56 schrieb Michael Bagehot:
>    I have an NFS server with all our user's home directories on a
> server that does not support SMB.  I wish to mount this directory on a
> second system and re-export it via samba so that users can access their
> unix home directories from their windows boxes.  [...]
I had similar problems with an debian server last august. The answer was
that smb-shares on nfs-filesystems are officially not suppoted because of
buggy nfs-implementations.
I solved the problem by adding
kernel oplocks = no
to the global section of my smb.conf (see [2]).

HTH
Thomas
------------------------
[1]