[Samba] WinXP/x64 - MFC CFile objects leak parent directory handles

Tue Mar 11 12:41:36 GMT 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 12:53:19PM +0100, Dragan Krnic wrote:
> I will, but is it really a bug?
> Or was it designed to hurt Samba?

Naaa, a handle leak is definitely a bug. I never believed
that Microsoft puts in stuff to annoy Samba. The worst I
could believe is that they choose some nasty timing for
announcements, but I don't think they ever put stuff in to
explicitly break Samba. This does not say that they
deliberatly neglect Samba in their testing and that they
might have been happy in the past about the fallout when
they break us by accident, but directly nasty -- no.

Volker