[Samba] I changed smb.conf, but nothing seems to happen!

joop gerritse jjge at xs4all.nl
Fri Mar 7 13:53:34 GMT 2008

Hello, *

After some good advice from the list, I now have my workgroup visible. Next
problem.

I click on it from my win98 station (yes, it is old; I even have a w95
workstation somewhere :-) ) and I get "can't find share name".

Now I look in the samba logs, and I see that it is looking
for /usr/local/samba/netlogon, which doesn't exist. Oops, error!

The netlogon happens to be in /etc/samba/netlogon, so I change the path in
smb.conf and restart Samba.

I try again, but now my Win98 station keeps trying to
access /usr/local/samba/netlogon. How come?

I suppose that the easiest way out is to put a link to the right location
in /usr/local, but somehow that doesn't feel right.

--
J.J. Gerritse
Mühlenstraße 11