[Samba] Still unresolved: adding printers as a non admin domain user doesn't work

Wolfgang Ratzka ratzka at hrz.uni-marburg.de
Thu Mar 6 08:15:37 GMT 2008

> I did it on each machine. I don't know what file it edits, if any. Neither do
> I know whether it can be enforced domain wise if you don't use AD.

I know, this thread is growing old, but I just want to add this piece of
information. Samba 3 can do old style (i.e. NT4 domain) policies, and
the point and print restrictions are covered by that.

Basically these old style policies consist of registry values that
are set upon login. As for the point of print restrictions, the
relevant value is found at

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows
NT\Printers\PointAndPrint

--
Wolfgang Ratzka  Phone: +49 6421 2823531  FAX: +49 6421 2826994
Uni Marburg,  HRZ, Hans-Meerwein-Str., D-35032 Marburg, Germany