[Samba] [3.0.28] SUNWsmba{u,r,c} AD keytab not being written.

Bob ftoomch at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 14:19:23 GMT 2008

Hi,

I have a standard Solaris 10 x86 8/05 full install, with all the latest recommended patches applied. It has a few extra blastwave.org packages, but nothing I'd expect to interfere with Samba at all.

I can issue a 'net ads join -U<domain admin>' to join my domain. This seems to work fine and issues no warning messages.

Unlike every other Samba install (since about 3.0.25 or so) it does not create a keytab file like I'd expect.

I don't know whether it's trying to be clever and write its own keytab like it does with krb5.conf, but a 'truss net ads join' seems to suggest it's trying to do things to /etc/krb5/krb5.keytab but just can't.

Something to speak to Sun about?

Cheers