[Samba] builtin group, domain group, or local group

Christopher Perry cperry at hmdc.harvard.edu
Thu Jun 26 15:05:48 GMT 2008

Hi,
I'm using smbldap-groupadd to add groups for my PDC, and the default
group type is domain group. The problem is, if I do an ldapsearch of
groups created in this fashion, I don't see the memberUid's of the users
that belong to this group.

if I don't use the default, I can do an ldapsearch of the group and see
a list of members of the group.

Any ideas which sambaGroupType I should use? It seems puzzling to me
that if you use the default, there's no way to see who's a member and
who's not.

Thanks,
Chris