[Samba] Samba4, multi-domain Forest and Unix ID mapping

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Jun 26 11:54:52 GMT 2008

On Fri, 2008-06-13 at 12:59 -0600, Trever L. Adams wrote:
> Well, Samba 4 so, if it has an internal (I think that has been
> abandoned, but not certain) then that, OpenLDAP or Fedora DS will be
> the
> backend. I am leaning toward Fedora DS, but I am not certain and will
> accept suggestions.

I'll look at the rest of the discussion later, but I want to assure you
that the 'internal' backed on Samba4 is still the primary focus.  The
LDAP backend experiment continues, and seems to work, but needs the help
and testing of interested users.

Questions about Samba4 can best be directed to the samba-technical list,
where I will notice them better.

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett