[Samba] problems with word mail merge

eric nerix at free.fr
Wed Jun 25 13:42:31 GMT 2008

That's what I do ! When I map X:\ on \\servername\share it doesn't work.
No troubles with files and folders through X:\. But when I use a mail
merge document, at opening, the data source file can't be find.
Microsoft talk about that in KB 885832
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885832/en-us). Resolved in Word 2003
SP2, but I am in SP3. And just moved to samba... That's why I think
samba cause this issue.

Thanks Gerhard.