[Samba] Adding Printer drivers with rpcclient

Kyle Schmitt kyleaschmitt at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 21:41:13 GMT 2008

Hello.
   I'm having issues trying to add printer drivers using the rpcclient

I've got the drivers for one of the printers in the appropriate share,
but every time I've tried, I get NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL

So far I've put the drivers under W32X86, W32X86/2 and W32X86/3, to no avail

Every time I run the adddriver command, I receive the
NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL, and in the debug message, a rather curious
WERR_ACCESS_DENIED error.

rpcclient -U root -c 'adddriver "Windows NT x86"
"dellcolor:dlxcrzim.dll
:dlxcrzp.ddd:dlxcrziu.dll:dlxcrz.hlp:NULL:RAW:dlxcrjdm.dll,dlxcrzir.xrs,dllzjnie.dll,dlzddmif.dll,dlzdhb32.dll,dllznie1.dll,dlzpmc2.dll,dlzadcmn.dll,dlzarl32.dll,dlzc5102.dll,dlxcrz.cfg,dlxcrz.cnt,dlxcrz.xrs,dlxcrz.cdd"
' lxtrfs03  -d 100

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--Kyle