[Samba] Roaming profile & f-secure problem

Scott Lovenberg scott.lovenberg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 16:19:02 GMT 2008

Marcus Sobchak <lists at localguru.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> are there any know problems with f-secure scanner and roaming profiles?
> We have a lot of users with problems syncing their roaming profile from
> the domain server. It seems to be a problem with f-secure's on-access
> scanning (may be timeout problem?). Some users have to login three or
> four times, before getting their roaming profile and not the default
> profile.
>
> System:  3.0.24-6etch9
>
> Ciao,
> Marcus

I'm running f-prot 6 w/ on access scanning and haven't had any problems
specific to roaming profiles.  We've also got redirected folders
(desktop, start menu, etc.), but I have seen this problem once or twice.

Every now and then we'll log in and get a default profile.  The next
login always works.  I see this maybe once a month.

Are you sure you're not close to the max Cat 5e length?  I've heard of
things like this once you start getting towards the upper limits of a
cable length.  Fprot is somewhat... cranky... so YMMV.  Can you provide
logs for us?