[Samba] samba/ldap setup stopped working (might be a challenge)

Yvan Vander Sanden yvan at youngmusic.org
Wed Jun 4 18:30:43 GMT 2008

2008/6/4 Adam Williams <awilliam at mdah.state.ms.us>:

> have you tried taking a misbehaving machine out of the domain, deleting is
> machine account, re-creating it, and readding it to the domain?

yes. Thing is that the machine account is not recreated correctly. At the
moment, i have added it manually by

smbldap-useradd -w machinename$
smbldap-usermod -a machinename$

apparently the samba information is missing if i just use smbldap-useradd -w

Could this be a bug? Doing it manually works, but it should be enough with
just the first command.

After joining the domain on that pc, i can log in. No errors anymore. It
goes very slowly though and leaves me on an empty screen. But that might be
another problem. I am gonna try another pc to make sure.

Anyway, i'll have to find a way to automaticly join the domain again,
because doing this manually for 200 machines is no fun at all!

--
Copyright only exists in the imagination of those who do not have any.