[Samba] Troubles with PDC move

Aaron Johnson aaronjohnson at ajserver.com
Tue Jul 29 02:44:49 GMT 2008

Versions:
Old Server:
Ubuntu 6.06
Samba 3.0.25a

New Server
Centos 5.2
Samba 3.0.25b

I have moved all the *.tdb, samba configs, login scripts, files, unix
user UIDs and groups have also been moved over, all appear to be working
without any trouble.

I can login to a computer that is part of the domain and my roaming
desktop loads.

The Issue:
While the roaming desktop, and settings such as Firefox and Thunderbird
load correctly, the Windows setting that control things such as Recent
Programs list in the start menu, ordering of Icons on the desktop, and
theme are not loaded.

Or is this a bug I should file with samba team?

Aaron