[Samba] rpcclient 'adddriver issue HP Deskjet 1220C

Mark Gannon mark at truenorth.nu
Wed Jul 9 19:34:09 GMT 2008

On Wednesday 09 July 2008 05:40:19 am Andreas Oster wrote:
> I have copied the driver files to /var/lib/printers prior to executing
> the adddriver command !

The drivers need to be copied to the directory returned by the "getdriverdir"
rpc command.  On my system the output looks like:

rpcclient $> getdriverdir
rpc_pipe_bind: Remote machine localhost pipe \spoolss fnum 0x772d bind request
returned ok.
	Directory Name:[\\LOCALHOST\print$\W32X86]

Where the network share maps to /var/lib/printers.  My interpretation is that
you need to create two new directories on your system.

i.  /var/lib/printers/W32X86
ii.  /var/lib/printers/W32X86/3

And the directories need to be writeable over the print$ share by the user you
run rpcclient as.

If you don't mind changing your arrangement so that the print jobs are
rendered on the Linux host and a standard PostScript driver is distributed to
the clients, you might have a look at the following article:

http://www.enterprisenetworkingplanet.com/netsysm/article.php/3621876

Regards,

Mark Gannon

--
Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking.
There are too many people who think that the only thing

		J.C. Watts