[Samba] Samba v2.2.12 NTLM versions?

Horder, Philip Philip.Horder at Teradata.com
Tue Jul 8 10:07:11 GMT 2008

Hi,

I've gone back to trying to build 3.0.
Initially, the configure failed, not being able to guess the system config.
I tried it with i586-ncr-sysv4.3, and it seemed to accept this  (I found this option looking at the gcc configure)
The next configure problem was that it didn't find the cc compiler; I fixed this by defining CC=cc
After that, it couldn't find an acceptable grep; I simply commented out the exit at this point
It then found egrep, and continued the configure, listed below.

It seems to not be finding several utilities I know we have, including awk & nawk, and these can be found using our standard PATH.

It then fails the c compiler with:
          c99 structure initializer are not supported

Any suggestions on;
  1. getting configure to find grep, awk, nawk, etc.
  2. how to get this to build without the initializer option.

philh (different email address now)

Configure output;

SAMBA VERSION: 3.0.28a
LIBREPLACE_LOCATION_CHECKS: START
checking build system type... i586-ncr-sysv4.3.03
checking host system type... i586-ncr-sysv4.3.03
checking target system type... i586-ncr-sysv4.3.03
LIBREPLACE_LOCATION_CHECKS: END
LIBREPLACE_CC_CHECKS: START
checking for gcc... cc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... no
checking whether cc accepts -g... yes
checking for cc option to accept ISO C89... -Xc -D__EXTENSIONS__
checking for cc -Xc -D__EXTENSIONS__ option to accept ISO C99... unsupported
checking how to run the C preprocessor... cc -Xc -D__EXTENSIONS__ -E
grep?
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... grep2?
grep3?
grep4?
configure: error: no acceptable grep could be found in .:/home1/DEP/phil/bin:/home1/DEP/phil/exe:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/ccs/bin;/usr/xpg4/bin
checking for egrep... egrep
checking for AIX... no
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... no
checking for stdint.h... no
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking minix/config.h usability... no
checking minix/config.h presence... no
checking for minix/config.h... no
checking whether it is safe to define __EXTENSIONS__... yes
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... no
checking for inline... no
checking for C99 designated initializers... no
checking for C99 designated initializers with -AC99... no
checking for C99 designated initializers with -qlanglvl=extc99... no
checking for C99 designated initializers with -qlanglvl=stdc99... no
checking for C99 designated initializers with -c99... no
configure: WARNING: c99 structure initializer are not supported
checking for a BSD-compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking for library containing strerror... none required
checking for special C compiler options needed for large files... no
checking for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value needed for large files... unknown
checking for _LARGE_FILES value needed for large files... unknown
checking standards.h usability... no
checking standards.h presence... no
checking for standards.h... no
checking for long long... yes
checking for uint_t... yes
checking for int8_t... no
checking for uint8_t... no
checking for int16_t... no
checking for uint16_t... no
checking for int32_t... no
checking for uint32_t... no
checking for int64_t... no
checking for uint64_t... no
checking for size_t... yes
checking for ssize_t... yes
checking for int... yes
checking size of int... 4
checking for char... yes
checking size of char... 1
checking for short... yes
checking size of short... 2
checking for long... yes
checking size of long... 4
checking for long long... (cached) yes
checking size of long long... 8
checking for off_t... yes
checking size of off_t... 4
checking for size_t... (cached) yes
checking size of size_t... 4
checking for ssize_t... (cached) yes
checking size of ssize_t... 4
checking for intptr_t... no
checking for ptrdiff_t... yes
checking for immediate structures... no
LIBREPLACE_CC_CHECKS: END
checking whether to use profiling... no
checking for a BSD-compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... no
checking for awk... no
checking for perl... no
checking for ar... no
checking if the linker (ld) is GNU ld... no
checking whether cc -Xc -D__EXTENSIONS__ and cc understand -c and -o together... yes
checking that the C compiler understands -Werror... no
checking that the C compiler understands -w2... yes
checking that the C compiler understands volatile... yes
checking that the C compiler understands negative enum values... yes
checking for C99 designated initializers... no
checking for C99 designated initializers with -AC99... no
checking for C99 designated initializers with -qlanglvl=extc99... no
checking for C99 designated initializers with -qlanglvl=stdc99... no
checking for C99 designated initializers with -c99... no
configure: error: c99 structure initializer are not supported

Phil Horder
Teradata Developer
philip.horder at teradata.com
0771 765 2467
01935 452646

The most important computer is the one that rages in our skulls and ever seeks that satisfactory external emulator. - Alan J. Perlis.

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or any other act or omission in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful, and you should notify the sender immediately by return e-mail to the address where the e-mail originated. Any opinions, advice or statements contained in this email are subject to formal contract. Nothing contained in this email is capable of becoming legally binding upon Teradata, unless specifically stated so in this e-mail by Teradata. Teradata (UK) Limited is registered in England with company number 06239196. Registered office address is 206 Marylebone Road, London NW1 6LY.