[Samba] Winbind 3.2.0rc2 Coredump [was: Re: Help needed. Samba 3.2.0rc2 - IDMAP - Windows 2008 Server - ADS Integration - Winbind]

Samba-Liste samba at admindu.de
Fri Jul 4 10:40:42 GMT 2008

Hi again,

On Sat, 2008-06-28 at 10:21 +0200, Samba-Liste wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sorry, it's me again:

I'm now using the 3.0.30-21 Samba from SerNET and disabled "winbind
offline logon" in my setup. Since then I didn't get any more coredumps.
If I enabled "winbind offline logon" I still get random coredumps. At
the moment I don't really need the feature. Should I anyhow provide more
information on that?

But I also had to add the symlinks in /usr/lib/samba/nss_info again for
the SerNET packages. Therefore my question:

Is it a "supported configuration" providing IDMAP information directly
on a Windows 2008 AD server with "Identity Service for Unix" running?
Using winbind and rfc2307? I was wondering because a lot of packages
seem to lack nss_info dir and not many seem to miss it :)

I would really like to push this into production as I have all the ID
stuff in one place (ADS) using one system (winbind/samba) for getting it
into the unix world. But I need to be sure that this is a "supported
configuration" which will be looked after in the ongoing development of
samba. If not, what configuration is the recommended one in the scenario
describe earlier in this thread.

thank you and best regards

             Daniel