[Samba] samba.spec for RHEL(4,5) for version 3.2.0

Lars Müller lmuelle at suse.de
Fri Jul 4 09:48:41 GMT 2008

Hi Christian and Karolin,

On Fri, Jul 04, 2008 at 11:09:01AM +0200, Karolin Seeger wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 04, 2008 at 06:50:09AM +0200, Masopust, Christian wrote:
> > anybody of you having a working samba.spec for RHEL4 or RHEL5?
>
> maybe you would like to try the SerNet packages. Please note that we use a
> different packaging scheme concerning the new librararies than the RedHat
> Samba package maintainers.

The openSUSE Build Service (OBS) has Samba packages for RHEL 4 and 5
too.

Despite of the MAINTAINED name space which has the current SUSE Linux
Enterprise 9 and 10 Samba code, TESTING is intended for pre and release
candiate versions of Samba.  While STABLE gets the latest released Samba
code.

These packages are not covered by the service contracts Novell offers.
They are provided as they are.  http://en.openSUSE.org/Samba has a
section about all of this and regarding how to report bugs.

All this is an offer based on best efforts as usual for an Open Source
Software project.

Lars
--
Lars Müller [ˈlaː(r)z ˈmʏlɐ]