[Samba] Solaris 10 and Samba 3.2 - internal error

Christoph Kaegi kaph at zhaw.ch
Thu Jul 3 07:37:51 GMT 2008

On 02.07-23:28, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 04:00:47PM -0400, Robert M. Martel - CSU wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > Before I get to far digging I was wondering if anyone else was seeing
> > problems with Samba 3.2 on Solaris 10 (Sparc.)  I built Samba with gcc
> > 3.4.3.

I see similar symptoms. I seem to be able to connect to a share and access
files with windows xp but samba is coredumping constantly during this.
When trying with smbclient, the samba process dies with Sig10 and
smbclient hangs.

> Can you post your smb.conf and a bit more of the debug level
> 10 log of the file? It would be perfect if we got a
> stacktrace of this. You might try
>
> panic action = /bin/sleep 99999
>
> and attach with gdb to the process that died.
>
> The do a "bt full" at the gdb prompt. Please also make sure
> that your binary contains symbols, so compile with -g and
> don't strip smbd.

I'm compiling with --enable-debug now and will
try to get a backtrace later.

I'll attach this to Bug 5512.

Chris