[Samba] require_membership_of being ignored?

Peter Capazzi pcapazzi at dwcsolutions.com
Thu Jan 31 20:20:34 GMT 2008

I'm running into the same issue that Mike posted about.

I've got authentication working as well as the auto creation of home
directories. The problem is anybody that has a valid domain account can
come in regardless of group.

I'm running SuSE
The require_membership_of parameter supposed to be in the auth section
right?

The common-auth file I have is:
auth    required        pam_env.so
auth    sufficient      pam_unix2.so
auth    required        pam_winbind.so use_first_pass
require_membership_of=DOMAINNAME\groupname

I've tried with an account that is explicitly outside of the group and
that users account is allowed in.