[Samba] winbind problem

YC yc at hset.org
Thu Jan 31 14:38:15 GMT 2008

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a qnap TS-209Pro [www.qnap.com].
This embeds samba 3.0.23d.I configured it to connect to our Active
Directory, but as soon as I set winbind enum users and winbind enum groups
to "yes" in the /etc/smb.conf file, winbindd uses 100% of CPU. I've googled
the problem and found a lot of problems, less solutions... Does anybody have
a clue on this ?

I have to admit, I don't really know what I could install and how I could
update the embedded OS. I tried a beta version of the fofficial firmware,
provided by the manufacturer, but the problem is still there... Any help
appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)