Fw: [Samba] printer admin option replacement on stand alone (not domain) print server running version 3.0.25

Richard Chapman rchapman at aardvark.com.au
Tue Jan 29 02:25:39 GMT 2008

Hi Vickie

I hope you don't mind me contacting you directly - but I wanted to thank
you (and otters) for your help with this problem. I have finally got
printer driver upload working - after having taken a break from it for a
couple of weeks leave....

Everything went more or less as you said - but I also had some "bad
stuff" in my smb.conf - which took a bit of careful weeding to get rid
off...:-)

I think I have also just figured out how to set a global default
"printer Preference" so that my printer prints monochrome by default.
This is really wonderful...

Thanks Vickie

Richard.