[Samba] VPN and NetBIOS aliases

Robert Pollard rpollard at drs4drs.com
Fri Jan 25 04:54:25 GMT 2008

Hi,I'm wondering if anyone has run into this but I found out that I can't use Window's VPN connection and logon to Samba using Aliases.  I can log into the server using the server's main NetBIOS name but I can't use any of the aliases.  Whilst inside the network the aliases work fine.Any ideas on how to get around this?# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 192.168.1.200 (192.168.1.200)
# Date: 2008/01/24 20:06:30

[global]
	netbios aliases = bernardy, kullback, cva
	client NTLMv2 auth = Yes
	client lanman auth = No
	client plaintext auth = No
	wins support = Yes
	valid users = im_user, bernardy, cva, kullback

[bernardy_images]
	comment = Bernardy images for viewing
	path = /data/images/image_viewing/bernardy
	username = bernardy
	valid users = bernardy, im_user, Robert
	read list = bernardy, Robert
	write list = Robert, im_user
	read only = No

[homes]
	comment = Home Directories
	invalid users = root, admin, bin, daemon, sys, adm, uucp, nuucp, smmsp, listen, gdm, webservd, rpollard, mysql
	valid users = im_user, bernardy, kullback, cva

[images]
	comment = Image administrator access point
	path = /data/images
	username = im_user
	valid users = im_user
	read only = No

[kullback_images]
	comment = Viewing directory for Kullback
	path = /data/images/image_viewing/kullback
	username = kullback
	valid users = im_user, kullback
	read list = kullback, im_user
	write list = im_user