[Samba] Samba shares are case-sensitive in Windows = bad

thomas62186218 at aol.com thomas62186218 at aol.com
Tue Jan 15 07:45:01 GMT 2008

Hi,

Thank you for the quick response. Here are more details:

Linux 2.6.20.11 64-bit SMP kernel-based Xeon server running Samba 3.0.27
Shares created on the Linux server using Samba to export to Windows
clients

On the Windows client, access the Samba share.
Create directories called "TEST", "test", "TesT" all in the same
directory on the Samba share. It is permitted. I do not get any
notification from Windows that the directory name already exists. The
new directories get created successfully. I can provide a screenshot if
needed.

If I try to do this on a local Windows hard drive (C:), it of course
will warn me about the directory name already existing.

Thank you in advance for your help!
-Thomas