[Samba] Samba problem connecting

Carter, David SIS SB56 ITMOXF POWERGEN davecarter at siemens.com
Thu Jan 10 08:17:36 GMT 2008

Installed Samba 3.0.10 via 'pkgadd' on Solaris 2.6 - previously running
Samba 2.2.8.

It starts up and SWAT confirms that it is running and I am using the
same smb.conf but I am unable
to connect to a share via PC.
Message "\\s080 is not accessible. You might not have permission to use
this network resource.
Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access
permissions.
The account is not authorized to log in from this station"

Restarting old Samba 2.2.8 version allows me connect to a share via PC.
What do I need to do to get the newer version to work. As yet I have not
been able to find any helpful information on this message/condition.

Dave Carter