[Samba] Samba locking with NFS backend.

Adam Tauno Williams adamtaunowilliams at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 02:26:45 GMT 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-09 at 00:26 +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 12:12:14AM +0100, Jan Hugo Prins wrote:
> > What is the reason that it won't come back.
> > Is there noone to maintain it? Is it to difficult?
> Caused too much confusion, and it is by far not the only
> search we're doing against ldap these days. So in theory you
> would have to have to describe every search we're doing with
> a separate filter option. Not good.

I agree with it not coming back,  and it is the wrong solution anyway.
If a client should only be able to see a certain portion of the Dit...
then the client should only be able to see a certain portion of the Dit.
The correct solution to this kind of issue is to implement appropriate
ACLs on the DSA so that the clients only has access to the data they
need.

--
Adam Tauno Williams, Network & Systems Administrator
Consultant - http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com