[Samba] SLow cups printing, lots of get-printer-attributes

Martin Zielinski mz at seh.de
Wed Jan 2 07:52:46 GMT 2008

Hello,

This is the result of asking cups for a comment and location string to
sync them between cups and samba.
I've allready asked the samba-team to replace it with a more general
approach but got no response until now.

As a workaround, please set the comment and location string of every
printer from your windows client in the printers and faxes section. When
samba has both strings in its ntprinter.tdb database, it will no longer
ask cups for them.

If you compile samba yourself, you can search in nt_printing.c for the
HAVE_CUPS defines and comment out the part.

Bye,

Martin