[Samba] RE: Delegation of authentication (S4U) and SAMBA

Todd Stecher todd.stecher at isilon.com
Wed Feb 20 21:58:19 GMT 2008

 From my readings, only the Heimdahl Kerberos distribution has S4USelf
support, at least in the Samba 4 code base.  MIT tries to stay away
from being PAC-cognizent.

It sounds like you're trying to do something slightly different - e.g.
Constrained Delegation, where the identity lives in the PAC, and not
in the ticket.  There are additional security considerations which
come into play when relying simply on the PAC, since anyone can put a
PAC into a service ticket with a custom codebase - you can easily get
into cases of identity theft if you also don't verify the second
(KRBTGT HMAC of the server signature) signature in the PAC.

I can't say much more than that, unfortunately, but I wanted to point
out the ease of escalation of privs unless the other security
mechanisms are evaluated before trusting the PAC's principal.

Todd