[Samba] migrating user profiles to new domain

JJB onephatcat at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 21 22:14:45 GMT 2008

Ok, we finally have our Linux PDC up and running. I'm trying to find a
good guide to copying windows XP user profiles & registry settings to
the newly created domain user profile. Also any utilities that could
accomplish this. We are using local profiles. What we tried was using
the "copy to" button to copy the user profile to the new domain profile.
This seems to work for some users and not others. Manually copying does
not get the ntuser.dat and other locked files. For some users (me, for
instance) the copy to button is greyed out.

Any help and suggestions from folks who have done this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joel