[Samba] HFS filesystem on linux + samba -> Mac

Mark Adams mark at campbell-lange.net
Thu Feb 21 12:50:11 GMT 2008

My recommendation to you would be to migrate the files off the hfs
disk on to a standard Linux partition then share this to the macs
using netatalk.

As far as I know there is no way samba can provide the extended attrib
and resource forks that the macs require to see your files.

You could also manually give all your files extensions so that the
macs can open them via samba, this eliminates the need for resource
forks

Mark.